Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Cards







Happy Saturday!!!

Yesterday I made 3 Mother's Day cards. One each for our granddaughters to give to their Mom and one to give to their grandma Carol. Since they will be handcarried, they will make it on time.


I used PTI papers for all three and the yellow ribbon is also from PTI. The flowers are "Sweet Pea" from Karen Lockhart which you can buy at Ellen Hutson. She has a wonderful selection. I colored the flowers with Copic's and added Shimmerz to some of the flowers. I covered the vase in Diamond Glaze. Boy, do I love that stuff. The sentiments are also from PTI. Celebrate today is from "Mega Mixed Messages" and the Happy Mother's Day circle is from the "Tags for Spring" set . I also added diamond glaze to the Celebrate today label. My cuttlebug got quite a workout yesterday. I used the Spellbinders circles and ovals. On two of the cards I used a MS border punch. Does anybody know why some of the MS punches are cream colored and others green? Are the green ones a special addition? Anyway, I used a lot of pop ups again and it is time to stock up on those little suckers.

I hope I get to line up the cards right. Instead of putting one above the other. I am such a novice with this blogging stuff. I know nothing. I emailed Danni again, to ask for her help. She is such a wonderful lady and always so helpful. Stop by Danni's blog and check out her beautiful cards. I hope I don't make a mess out of this posting.

Thank you all for leaving such beautiful comments.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you

I knew it wasn't going to work. I had hoped that I could put the outside and inside of each card side by side, instead of one on top of the other....grrrr

7 comments:

  1. Absolut zauberhaft geworden deine Karten, Marie!!
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag :)
    LG
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! You've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschoene Karten, Marie! Ich wuensche Dir auch einen schoenen Muttertag. XXX Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! You have been busy, these are stunning! Love the color choices and layouts and your colroing is fabulous!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards, outside and inside! You did a great job!
    Hugs
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! I really like that Sweet Peas image. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty cards!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete