Friday, December 17, 2010

Non-traditional colors for Christmas

Another Christmas card finished. This time I used non traditional colors since this card is going to a tropical island and I thought I would try to step out of my comfort zone.
The DP is by Heidi Grace Design and the CS is from SU. The ribbons are from my stash and the flower is from Magnolia. I colored this gorgeous LOTV girl with distress inks, added some flower soft to the trim of her cap and some stickles and flower soft to the ground. The sentiment is from a PTI set that I especially bought to be able to use this sentiment for two beautiful ladies from Hawaii.

The inside is pretty simple, just some DP and card stock. Snowflakes and tree are from my stash and the sentiment is from PTI.

We have a winter wonderland here in Northern Nevada but by tomorrow it suppose to be all gone again. The forecast is for 50 degrees and rain.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. This is really a gorgeous card Marie! Looks great!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love the colors, Marie!!!! Beautiful job on this Hawaii-bound card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, Marie! You did a great job on the coloring!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog & leaving such sweet comments. So nice of you to visit.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete