Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lili of the Valley Angel Christmas

Hello everybody!!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.


I finally got away from doing my genealogy research and made a Christmas card today. I love this little image from LOTV and couldn't wait to finally ink it up. The designer paper is also from LOTV and it is from their line of digital Christmas paper. I colored the image with Copics and used Diamond Stickles for the wings and the stars. I used the 2 largest ovals from Spellbinders Classic Ovals to cut out the image and the matting. The ribbon and jewels are from my stash and the little star embellishment is from a friend in Germany. Vielen Dank an eine wunderbare Kuenstlerin in Hessen....***smile***. I bet she is at Stempelmekka in Hagen today.

I kept the inside quite simple, just used the same DP and cut the label with a PTI die and the saying is from a PTI set called Silent Night. The snowflake is from my stash.

I also took a close up of the image. It looks like I used watercolors but when you look at the card it isn't as "blotchy". Before I got into card making I dabbled in water colors and I still like that unstructered look.
Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments. I appreciate it so very much.....

5 comments:

  1. That's a wonderfull card Marie! Really pretty!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really gorgeous Marie! Your colouring is fabulous!
    Greetings Nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love those adorable images. Simply gorgeous, Marie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Marie! I love these blues and your coloring is just beatuiful! Hugs, Cami
    P.S. Hope you have a wonderful week my dear friend! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, this is such a darling card...that image is priceless...and your coloring of it is just lovely!! Those blues are so peaceful....Gorgeous card, sweetie...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete