Monday, June 4, 2012

Spring Distress Ink Labels

I know, it is unbelievable but I have something else to post. Not that I haven't been doing anything creative but I mainly been dabbling in acrylics lately and also finally posted some of my attempts on my other blog.

When I saw the new set of Distress Inks - Spring.... I had to have them. The cool news is that now all the limited additions come with re-inkers. I had three Tim Holtz type labels pinned up on my office wall and I knew it was time to change the fall colors to something vibrant.
The first two cards I sprayed with water and then added droplets with the reinkers to make the background. On the first one I adhered dried flower petals from my birthday bouquet and do some random stamping and some doodling. On the second one I mixed some ink with modeling paste and used stencils to add the designs and a bit of stamping and doodling. On the third one I used the stamping pads to create a softer background and mostly fingerpainted some flowers. The ribbons are colored with the reinkers.

Now I have something bright and cheery to look at while working we numbers and medical data all day.

Thank you for dropping by and I hope you all have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Marie, your tags are GORGEOUS!!!!! Love the colors and design on each one! I've been eyeing those distress markers. The matching ribbons are the perfect touch...great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those labels are terrific Marie! Great background technique.
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet Marie, I wanted to thank you so much for your encouraging words and compliments you left me on my blog. It was so nice to read and made me feel so much better. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

    Liebe Marie, vielen vielen Dank fuer deine lieben Worte!

    Deine neuen Tags sind einsame spitze! Ich wuenschte ich koennte auch mehr mit meinen distress sachen machen. Hast du einen Kurs besucht?

    Liebe Gruesse
    claudi

    hugs and hope you have a great week.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete