Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Easel Card

Hello Everybody and I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday. It is overcast here in Northern Nevada and we suppose to get rain and real cool temperatures this coming week. It is almost Halloween and it seems that this is the time when the it is really getting to be Autumn.

I tried my hand for the first time on an easel card and on top of that I didn't even have instructions. My non-technical mind figured something out which created more work for me. Well, I did finish it last night. The light is horrible today and the battery on the camera was going dead. I wish I had the patience to learn about Photoshop so that I could show you better pictures.

I also decided to enter a challenge again, not that I think it is such a great card but oh well.... I will post the card on the Lovely hAnglar Only challenge blog. The current challenge is to make a non square easel card.

The base is cut from Bazzill cardstock and the DP is from K@ Co. I colored the little hAnglar witch with Copics and attached her with pop dots. I stamped a few little stars and colored them in with some green and orange Stickles. On the inside I used some flowers that I received from my dear friend Gloria. Thank you so much Gloria, they work perfect for this card. The sentiment and frame are from the PTI set called 'Just the Ticket' and cut with the PTI ticket die.
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you all have a terrific weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Marie, I am loving this card!!!! What an outstanding mini easel card....MAGNIFICENT!
    You colored this cutie to perfection, my friend!
    What a phenomenal entry for the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Marie! This easel card is just sooooo adorable! I love everything about it: the shape, the papers, the image, your beautiful coloring,the flowers, and the ticket you used as the "stopper." Absolutely beautiful my dear friend!!! So nice to see you creating again. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just simply amazing. I LOVE shaped cards & haven't seen one made with this shape before ... Just beautiful !!! I Love those little hAnglar images & you've colored everything so perfectly. Nice little ticket stopper also ...
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is so beautiful...I like the colors you´ve used and the image is totally cute :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at LHO
    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete