Sunday, August 8, 2010

Come Into My Parlor and Stay A While


Now doesn't this sound old-fashioned?
I first saw a card similar to the one I made, done by Lisa Johnson. She is the designer at Papertrey Ink that created the 3 PTI sets that I used. I have several of her sets and I love them all. The sets are called ON MY COUCH, ON MY COUCH ADDITIONS and CHAIR-ISHED. I used almost all of the images in these sets.
This was quite a job. Even though there was no real coloring involved it was very labor intensive. I first stamped the images that I thought I wanted to use on regular CS, cut them out and then arranged them. I already knew which DP I would choose. It is called LUSH from My Minds Eye. On the inside I used a white ribbon as a chair rail, I thought it would add some extra chic...lololol. I stamped the images on different designs of the DP and added some intensity using Copic markers B0000 and BG0000. Some of the images are popped up with dimensionals.

I only wanted to show the card with the bow tied but that covered up the images.

Boy, do I love that DP. I wish my living room would have such pretty wallpaper.
And for good measure..... another picture. A close up of the left inside. I hope I have not bored you all too much. I just wish I could take better pictures.... Whatelse is new, I keep saying this every time.....grrrrrrr.


I wish you all a good week and thanks for taking a peek

10 comments:

  1. That's a wonderfull card Marie! And what a great idea!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Marie, I can see that this was labor intensive, but well worth it! Absolutely stunning and, yes, that dp is gorgeous!
    Beautiful job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful!!! And I am sure whoever you are sending it off to will feel very special that you thought of them!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog! It means so much that you visit and take the time to comment!
    This is a really pretty card! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, Marie, Marie! This is a fantabulous card! Oh my, I wish my living room/parlor looked as good as this with that beautiful DP you used. So clever to put that ribbon for the chair rail! The pieces all fit perfectly it's one great scene! Labor intensive, but so well worth it! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally STUNNING creation, Marie! Love it! Adorable design, your card is fab, and so creative. Well done! :o)

    Thanks for your sweet comment at my blog!
    hugs & love,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! I absolutely want this living room for my home LOL
    Stunning creation!!!

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wonderful card and adorable images.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this creation You've made :) Beautiful color choise :)

    Thanks alot for visiting my blog :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie this is absolutely fabulous! I love what you did with this set!

    ReplyDelete