Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just Rite Tulips

Happy Saturday Morning, at least here in Nevada it is still morning. It is still cool but pretty soon it will be up into the 90's again. I am no longer complaining because Fall is just around the corner and then I will complain about how cold it is....lololol.

My first full week of vacation in 9 long years is coming to an end. I was hoping to get a lot of cards done or at least started. Neither happened. I was going to do some major cleaning, get some doctor appt's taken care of and have our two girls stay with us for 2 days. I did all that but not one card started. I picked up our girls on Wednesday morning and they are still here with Oma and Opa. We sure have had a lot of fun. Dominique and Madison helped me get rid of some of my stash.....hehehe... Boy, did they do some crafting and coloring. They have colored more of my Magnolia's then I have. Yesterday we went to a small waterpark and enjoyed ourselves.

Now here is a card that I started weeks ago and I wanted to finish it at the beginning of the week. Something happened again and I finally got it done this morning.

The stamp is from Just Rite - Breath of Spring Borders & Centers and I colored it with Copic's. The cardstock is SU Lavender Lace. The scalloped border is Nellie Snellen, that I received from my good friend Christina C. Thanks so much Christina.... I love them. I embossed part of the CS with the CB Dots and on the upper part made the lines with my MS scoreboard. I love all the small increments on that board, with I don't have on my Scor-Pal. The ribbon is from my stash and the bottons are PTI Plum Pudding.

The inside is very simple. I punched the top with the beautiful MS tulip punch that was part of the blog candy I won from the talented Jacque B. Thanks so much Jacque. I noticed one of the flowerheads is missing and I'll just have to punch another border and glue the little head on. The frames are from a PTI set called Vintage Labels and the saying is from PTI Mega Mixed Messages.

Here is a picture of Dominique and Madison at the Lazy 5 Waterpark in Sparks, Nevada.

Sorry, that I haven't been able to visit all of your blogs and I promise I will try to catch up. I only have taken a quick look at all your beautiful creations that are so inspirational.

Thanks so much for dropping by and I appreciate all your sweet comments. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card and wonderfull pictures!! Really sweet!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie! Grandchildren are more important than crafting...they are definitely top priority! Such sweet, adorable girls!
    Your card is lovely.....I looked closely at your flowers and may I say that you colored them magnificently! Great job!!!!
    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete